MediaContact has a centralized platform for planning, distributing and automatically running actions in a fleet of remote devices:
- Lock the device
- Automatically restore a device's IP connection to the server
- Allow remote control of a device
- Reset the password*
- Reboot the device
- Silently install and update apps
MediaContact lets you define the settings to apply for devices
- Configure WiFi access*
- Configure access to a cellular network
- Configure Exchange ActiveSync
- Create / modify / delete registry keys
- Manage security certificates
MediaContact has a provisioning** function, ensuring the security of the device and controlling its Internet access.
- Password Policy
- Block the USB ports*
- Filter web access (kiosk function)*
**(auto-assigning settings to remote devices)
Mobile Application Management
MediaContact lets you manage your internal business applications deployed on remote devices. It silently installs, updates and uninstalls applications.
Within the kiosk, MediaContact lets you create a catalog of mandatory applications for your users.
Kiosk (Device Lockdown)
MediaContact lets you define an application kiosk that will always be in the foreground.
The administrator determines authorized applications in the kiosk. Users can only use the authorized applications. They cannot access the system and therefore cannot change its settings.
Use MediaContact to relay hardware and software information and the properties of files installed on devices to the server.
Alarms and monitoring
MediaContact monitors devices and sends alarms to the server that are displayed on the dashboard of administration consoles. You can also send these alarms by email to one or more fleet administrators. You can monitor the following:
- Registry (keys or values)
- Disk, CPU and memory usage
- Event log
- Creation/modification/deletion of a file or folder
- Shutdown/start-up window, process service
- Battery usage*
- Insertion of an SD card*
- Device wake-up*
Use MediaContact to:
- Synchronize tree structures and files in differential mode
- Send / receive files
- Synchronize potentially heterogeneous databases
Use MediaContact to geolocate devices; configure it for periods of time or between certain hours.
Relay data to the server to view positions and routes on the graphic interface of the console (map). Export the data too (API).
The administrator can trigger one-off geolocations, for example if a device is stolen or lost. In order to comply with the local legislation in force, a device's user can disable the geolocation option.
* Function available for Windows Mobile devices only