The device administrator can perform remote actions:
- Lock the device
- Reset the device to the original configuration
- Change the device password
Use MediaContact for iOS to define configuration profiles and apply
access controls to:
- Block the installation of apps
- Block the use of iTunes Store
- Block YouTube, Safari, FaceTime, etc.
In the definition of profiles, you can also define settings to apply to devices such as:
- Configure ActiveSync
- Configure the synchronization of the contact base (CardDAV)
- Configure the synchronization of the calendar (CalDAV)
- Configure the IMAP/POP clients
- Configure subscriptions (calendar)
- Configure access to external contacts (LDAP)
Shortcuts (Web Clips)
- Generate a shortcut to the URL of an application or web link
- Configure the WiFi
- Configure access to cellular networks
- Configure the Proxies
MediaContact for iOS lets the administrator control access to the device and web. He/she can define a policy for managing passwords and URL lists (Blacklists/Whitelists).
Apple Configurator Provisioning
The administrator has the ability to configure and push profiles through an XML file from the Apple Configurator utility.
Mobile Application Management
MediaContact for iOS manages both applications from the Apple Store (free or paid) and private business applications (In House).
It can thus install, update or uninstall any application.
The software also provides the opportunity to create a folder of mandatory applications for devices, giving users access to applications they need for their job.
MediaContact for iOS also includes a connector with the "Volume Purchase Program", for the mass purchasing and installation of software rights for a fleet of devices.
Application kiosk (Retail Mode/Single App Mode)
Use MediaContact for iOS to launch a single application in full-screen mode, and prevent the user from accessing other applications or the device's settings.
The administrator thus ensures the device security. This is particularly necessary in the area of Retail when the device is used as an interactive device or as an additional cash desk. This application kiosk is also useful to employees on the move using a single business application.
- Configuration profiles
- APNs certificates
- VPP tokens